What is the Assemblies of God?
The Assemblies of God is the fastest growing Pentecostal fellowship in the world today. The Assemblies of God has over 11,000 churches in the United States and over 100 in other countries of the world. The Assemblies of God found its roots in the camp-meeting revivals of the early 20th century when the Spirit of God fell among the believers of Azuza Street. We are a Pentecostal Fellowship who believes in the fullness of the Spirit of God and the Word of God.
- To be a Community of Believers, a family growing in Christ — John 15:1-7
- To be a House of Prayer and Worship — Psalms 42:1-2, John 4:24
- To be a Place of Healing for all who come and thirst and are in need — Isaiah 53:4-5
- To reach the Unchurched — Mathew 28:16-20
To reach this city, state, nation and world for the Lord Jesus Christ — John 3:16
- To train up Spiritual Leaders, to provide training for all aspects from living a responsible Christian life to fulfillment of ministry. We believe in training from the cradle to grave for every person in the Church — 2 Timothy3:16
- To have a World Perspective of Missions, not only overseas but here in America — Matthew 28:16-20
Our Beliefs and Convictions: In doctrine, we are a Conservative, Pentecostal, Evangelical, Protestant church. In practice, we expect to experience our doctrines by the study of the Word of God, by the coming together as believers, by the times set aside to pray to our Father, and by the active presence of the Third Person in the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, in our personal lives and in our corporate life as a body of believers.
- The Bible is the inspired, authoritative, and only infallible written Word of God.
- There is one God, eternally existed in three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
- In the Blessed Hope – the rapture of the Church at Christ’s coming
- That the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ
- The regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal Salvation
- In Water Baptism by immersion
- The redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- The Baptism in the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given to believers who ask for it.
- In the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indweling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
Our Priorities and Values: Everyone has Values and Priorities in their life. As values are the way we live, priorities are what we do; and we here at Faith Assembly have both values and priorities as to who we are and what we do:
- The pursuit of God and His Presence – Psalm 42
- Prayer – We are committed to the need of prayer in our daily lives.
- Worship – We desire to enter the Holy of Holies, through a Spirit-enabled worship that is intimate, dynamic, and life-changing.
- Word – We want to be good stewards of the Word of God. We want to study, teach and obey the principles found in the Word of God. We desire to hear truth from the Word of God, and we believe that the Word of God brings growth within our lives.
- Unity, One Church, One Body – Ephesians 4:3
- Fellowship – We seek and desire to be real, intimate, and to develop enabling relationships together, built on convenant love of Christ and His faithfulness.
- Ministry – We believe that all Christians are called to minister the Love of Christ and that we are the out-reached hands of our Lord and Savior for those who are lost, sick or needy. We also believe that all believers have a place within the body of Christ that God has called them to.
- Training – We aim to provide training for all aspects of ministry so that believers can fulfil their calling in life.
- The fulfillment of the Vision of God, the building up and equpping of the Saints, the evangelism of the lost.
- To be the Oasis for the City of McComb and Southwest Mississippi.